Re: version compare and partial orgls

> Inform informs the DataStamp of more things that live in it, whereas
> unify (which turn it into a MapStamp) informs it of better identity
> information than it had before.  Both are monotonic increases of
> knowledge, that only those who have grabbed the DataStamp with a Foot
> may tell it.

i.e., one tells it more about what points to it, and the other tells
it more about what it points to.  (An interesting distinction in a
doubly-linked structure.  If you turn the Ent upside-down, does
inform become unify and vice-versa?)

> Now the question it seems to me comes down to: "When we
> want to let a DataStamp know that it will never get either more
> informs, or ever be unified, are these two separate actions?"  Or
> equivalently: "Does a DataStamp have two state flags: 1) whether or
> not it is complete, and 2) whether it is unifiable or frozen; or does
> it only have one flag which turns both of these abilities off
> simultaneously?".

Does it make sense to EVER freeze a DataStamp?  If someone can make
a virtual copy, why can't they make a real copy, then unify it?
What am I missing?

	michael