[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <file>, <megalon!xanadu!tribble>, <megalon!xanadu!us>
- Subject: Mu slinging
- From: John Walker <acad!throop!kelvin>
- Date: Mon, 23 Oct 89 17:32:20 PDT
>> I meant, what is the variable (Mu) normally associated with in physics (if
1. As the SI standard abbreviation for "micro".
2. A lepton with 207 times the mass of the electron (formerly called
"mu meson", now usually "muon"). Nonetheless, the greek letter
"mu" is still used.
3. In electromagnetism, for magnetic permeability. Hence "mu metal"
for magnetic shielding material.
4. In mechanics, the coefficient of friction.