Re: [nagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Standardization effort underway on hypertext.]

While sitting in Doug Englebart's seminar today, listening to people
discuss standardization of hypertext, I thought more about the standards
document I've been wanting to write for almost a decade. It is the
Required Standards for Standardization Documents.

Though there are many components to the paper, the key one is this:
No system may be assigned a standards number or classification until
at least 3 implementations have been created and reviewed as
excellent, while being used in real life situations.

--marcs