Smalltalk question

Why do VoidClass an NullClass (X++ translator stuff) and ClassBuilder
   (apparently native smalltalk kernel code) override the message "class"?
   They're all subclasses of Object, which defines it in the same way.
   I would think they'd inherit.

   Some <primitive> magic, perhaps?

VoidClass and NullClass were originally *not* subclasses of Object so
that they errored on any message send.  In order to survive, they
needed to implement some of the basic object functionality.  I had
sufficient trouble handling them (they didn't implement things the
debugger expected, etc.) that I just made them a subclass of object
again.  ClassBuilder is probably some primitive magic.

dean