Code to back up a live Xanadu backend is almost trivial.

Great stuff!  This certainly works for partition backup and restore.
Even when we have full archiving/backup, we may want to have something
like this for 'full dumps' because this retains all the sharing and
optimization information.

This isn't quite backup in the sense that I was using it, but I need
to find better words anyway.

dean

P.S. your presentation was very clear, too.  I only got the gist of it
on the phone, but all this made sense.  Thanks.