[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
SAFEty and the Cross Referencing of BLASTs
- To: <michael>
- Subject: SAFEty and the Cross Referencing of BLASTs
- From: Eric Dean Tribble <tribble>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 90 11:39:16 PST
- Cc: <roland>, <vlad!mark>, <dean>, <xtech>
- In-reply-to: <Michael>,13 PST <9012031118.AA09923@xanadu>
All SAFE methods can be NOLOCK, and some methods that are not SAFE
will be NOLOCK (the splay routines in particular).
SAFE strikes me something like a type declaration: a particular
implementation is not safe unless all subclass implementations are
safe (because they could be transparently substituted.