a few things to fix & gdb

Date: Sat, 22 Dec 90 14:58:46 PST
   From: xanadu!roger (Roger Gregory)

   sorry bozo :-) you're not thinking.
   It's not the pointer to foo that is NULL its's pointers inside foo.

Those should already be being printed (by foo's printOn) by using the
various overloadings of operator<<, which should each be already
checking for NULL before calling printOn in turn.  I just checked in
my old copy of tofux.cxx, and it seems that we are already doing this
correctly for all the variety of pointers to Tofus.  So I don't
understand where you are running into a problem.