Re: Regulations re Potential Xanadu microTransaction Currencies

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 11:21:31PM -0600, Jeff Rush wrote:
> This is an excerpt of an email I received regarding the e-gold
> exchange system.  It is interesting that all of the relevant
> U.S. regulatory agencies have declined to regular -private
> currency-.  Surprisingly so.  I mean, not even sales tax on
> reading a xanadu document? ;-)

Yes.  This is one reason why I have been advocating e-gold as a suitable
micropayment currency for Xanadu.  Note also that the resolution of
denomination of their units of exchange, down to a fraction of a gram of
silver, is smaller than most of the alternatives and suits our model well.

Regards,
	Andrew
--
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam