[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: comments on transclusion I-D
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: comments on transclusion I-D
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 11:09:54 +1100 (EST)
- In-reply-to: <22.214.171.12470226130555.0096f920@xxxxxxxxxxxx> from "Ron Daniel Jr." at Feb 26, 97 04:08:41 pm
- Organization: Xanadu Australia
- Reply-to: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ron Daniel Jr. wrote:
> I think that the ability to transclude portions of HTML and text
> documents is very important. However, I don't think the IETF is the
> place to tackle this problem.
> First, the IETF no longer has an HTML working group. The W3C is now
> attempting to standardize HTML.
The transclusion Internet-Draft is being presented to and discussed with
both the W3C and Netscape.
> Second, the W3C already has the "object" proposal which is what they
> are going to recommend for including various media and executable
> objects. I suggest you look at that proposal and see how to modify it
> to accomodate transclusions of textual resources.
Thanks for this excellent suggestion.
Share and enjoy,
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511