Re: Upgrading the news URL

>Dan Fabulich wrote:
>> Usenet ALREADY meets most of the requirements laid down in the Xanadu
[snip]

>I had a similar idea quite some time ago (a few years, I believe) but the
>major difficulty is that a Xanadu system is designed to retain all documents
>indefinitely, and this is currently infeasible with Usenet because of the
>sheer volume of articles.
[snip]

Someone should talk to DejaNews about this. They have archived most of
Usenet since March, 1995, in searchable form. See

http://www.dejanews.com/

I expect we could come to some sort of arrangement with them once we had a
transclusion syntax before the IETF.

--
Edward Cherlin     cherlin@xxxxxxxxxx     Everything should be made
Vice President     Ask. Someone knows.       as simple as possible,