Re: Plagiarism? Or bad technology?

Rich Pasco schrieb:

> Something is wrong here.
>
> This morning I posted a message to this list "Re: Transclusion issues"
>
> which began with the words,
>
> > Perhaps I am still missing something in my understanding about
> > transclusion.
>
> Imagine my surprise when I found exactly the same words posted this
> afternoon with no trace of my authorship remaining (my name was not
> even mentioned in the subsequent post), and the header
>
>   From: Jay Osako <josako@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I am concerned that casual readers might believe those words to have
> been written by Mr. Osako, since after all, he didn't say who else
> wrote
> them.
>
> It seems that Mr. Osako pasted my text into his mail, without
> inserting
> either "Rich Pasco wrote:" or the ">" marks in front of my quotation,
> as
> is the evolving custom on the internet.
>
> I do not ascribe malice to Mr. Osako, but I am surprised that in an
> organization like Xanadu, whose ascribed purpose is crediting original
>
> authors, something like this would slip through the cracks.
>
> My request of all participants in this discussion, is that we
> appropriately credit the original authors when text is being quoted.
> Thank you.
>
>      - Rich

Dear Rich,

as there is no signature in any of Mr. Osako´s previous messages stating
a position in the Xanadu "Organization", why do you think he is a part
of it? He is a member of the Xanadu "Familiy" for sure, but generalize
this, and blame the Xanadu "Organization" is a bit unfair. I know that
espacially Ted and Andrew, who are definitely part of the Xanadu
"Organization" (look at their signatures), are very much aware of the
matters you brought up, and i can´t remember any contribution to this
mailing list with a wrong quote of authorship.

Basically this here is a mailing list of people who are interested in
the Xanadu idea. Not everybody who sends a contribution to the list is a
member of the Xanadu "Organization".

OTOH i am kind of happy that there are people out there who are really
concerned about the basic matters in the Xanadu "Concept", who think
about contributions to a list as a whole, not only consuming it,
filtering some counterpoints, and flaming against each other.

That´s all from my side ...

Cheers

Peter

     Peter Schmidt * CEO InfiniDim Enterprises * Germany * Earth
 Fon:+49(0)631/3403416 * Fax:+49(0)3403418 * Mobile:+49(0)171/5190213
    mailto: peter.infinidim@xxxxxxx * http://www.asca.de/infinidim
  Dear Bill 42 is the final answer, not 95, 98 or something with NT!

begin:          vcard
fn:             Peter Schmidt
n:              Schmidt;Peter
org:            InfiniDim Enterprises
adr:            Akazienweg 2;;;Kaiserslautern;Rheinland-Pfalz;67657;Germany
email;internet: peter.infinidim@xxxxxxx
title:          CEO
tel;work:       +49 (0) 631 / 340 3416
tel;fax:        +49 (0) 631 / 340 3418