[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Plagiarism? Or bad technology?
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Plagiarism? Or bad technology?
- From: Rich Pasco <pasco@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 12:59:21 -0700
- References: <01BCB13F.BD8383A0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jay Osako wrote:
> Since Outlook does not follow anything similar to standard usage (it
> assumes your followup will appear *before* the replied-to message,
I don't understand what it is about Outlook that prevents you from
typing something like, "I am responding to Rich Pasco's post, in which
he said ..."
If you assume that everyone got my original post, it shouldn't be
necessary to quote it in its entirety, just a few words as I did above.
If you do not assume that everyone got the original, then there is all
the more reason to properly attribute the quotation.
"A poor workman always blames his tools." -- Folk saying passed down to
me by my parents.