How far to go with version management ?!?

Hello Xanadu "Family",

as there are some people on that list who are very much concerned about
authorship matters, i would like to ask what your proposal would be to
cope with version management. Imagine that during a day two people are
working on a document. They sit in Europe and the US and have a nine
hour time difference. They do several changes to an original document.

Would you like to include these changes at all?
Would you like to add the time the changes where made, or just the date
(in the above case it would then be hard to trace the changes!)

I know, this is not a transclusion matter, but a version management
matter, so you don´t have to tell me this in a reply :-) I am just
curious what you think about this, and what your ideas on that are ...

Best wishes

Peter

     Peter Schmidt * CEO InfiniDim Enterprises * Germany * Earth
 Fon:+49(0)631/3403416 * Fax:+49(0)3403418 * Mobile:+49(0)171/5190213
    mailto: peter.infinidim@xxxxxxx * http://www.asca.de/infinidim
  Dear Bill 42 is the final answer, not 95, 98 or something with NT!

begin:          vcard
fn:             Peter Schmidt
n:              Schmidt;Peter
org:            InfiniDim Enterprises
adr:            Akazienweg 2;;;Kaiserslautern;Rheinland-Pfalz;67657;Germany
email;internet: peter.infinidim@xxxxxxx
title:          CEO
tel;work:       +49 (0) 631 / 340 3416
tel;fax:        +49 (0) 631 / 340 3418