Building Xanadu.....

I have developed over the last several years the backend of what could
become Xanadu someday.  (Or, a system which is comparable to Xanadu in
functionality.)

The back end engine is capable of providing for the management of Xanadu
like documents.  Some of the attributes of documents which use the engine
which I have developed as a backend are as follows:

1) Documents are stored compressed in approximately 1/2 of their original
   space.
2) The document file contains:
	1) The text of the document
	2) An inverted index for the document
	3) Any addition meta information such as images, audio, etc.
	4) Misc. Info for manageing the above.
3) The documents are searchable either with boolean or ranked queries.
4) Links are autonomous and have attributes such as author, creation date,
   etc.
5) The documents are capable of being anywhere from several K in size to
   multiple GB in size.
6) Documents are dynamic and may be edited either with an editor or
   remotely via a network.
7) Links remain intact even after a document has been edited.
8) Security features such as user groups and/or encryption may be used
   to help ensure that only someone who has permission to view a document
   or portion thereof may.

I know that a lot of people on this list would love to bring Xanadu to
pass.  (I know I sure would.)  I would like to try to find one or more
people who would be interested in helping financially or otherwise to
finish this project up and bring it to a point where it may be released.

If you or someone you know would be interested, I would greatly appreciate
hearing from you.

Thank you,

-Art

Art Pollard <PollardA@xxxxxxxxxx>
Moderator for Comp.Theory.Info-Retrieval
List Maintainer for the Hyper-Theory (Hypertext Theory) mailing list.