[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xanadu] flecks ?????
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [xanadu] flecks ?????
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 23:57:57 +1100
- In-reply-to: <39B89604.A29326AB@xxxxxxxxxx>; from jrush@xxxxxxxxxx on Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 02:32:20AM -0500
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <39B89604.A29326AB@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 02:32:20AM -0500, Jeff Rush wrote:
> Flecks of gold... I believe they are mentioned in Literary
> Machines but it may have been something else I read.
> Supposedly they make a good unit of international exchange
> and can be used to measure the *tiny* Xanadu charges for
> reading a paragraph or sentence of a published document.
> I'm not into precious metals investments so I have no
> idea how sound they are for this application.
Actually K. Nishii, who provided much assistance and support in Japan for
a couple of years, was very keen on the idea of denominating micropayments
in gold both to avoid tying it to any existing national currency and for
PR value - gold has a visceral feeling of value and financial stability
to it. We have considered talking to egold.com, since their smallest
transaction denomination is a gram of silver which is a reasonable size.
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Chief Scientist, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technology Manager, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 0401 258 915