:zz: Re: programming for zigzag: Another axiom I missed

>	- an overview of the dimensions of the entire space

Lots of luck!

I'll be delighted to see how you do this!

A compass-rose indicating which dimensions **exist**,
 now that's easy; but an overview of what's IN the space,
 now Woof.

ChrzT

At 09:06 AM 6/9/98 -0300, you wrote:
> Hi Ted,
> Finally, we are ready to start!! David Robinson, who works on my math stuff
>would like to try to do a graphically oriented demo of some of your zigzag
ideas for
>you. Before I let him loose I want to clarify my understanding as I only
saw it
>in action the one day! I enclose the essence of my sense of the basics.
Please
>straightened out any kinks I may have added to your idea.
>best
>Carolyn
>

>1.The atomic unit of the proposed structure is a single cell with maximum
>2 neighbors defined in each of n arbitrary dimensions.
>
>2. The contents of any cell are not restricted by type: so that one could
>contain a script, a function, an address, a pointer, a phone number, etc.
>
>3. The user defines and controls cell content, declaration of dimension, and
>position of any cell within this space.
>
>4. Minimal functions required include:
>	- declaration of a new dimension
>	- add/delete a cell in one or more dimensions
>	- add/delete/modify contents of a cell
>	- add/delete/modify links
>	- execute across any dimension
>	- view areas of the space, likely 2 or 3 dimensions at any one time
>	- an overview of the dimensions of the entire space
>
>5. We will be doing this in Java so that we can get a graphical viewer.

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
Word of the day:
CATEGORGY
  Mingling and overlapping subjects promiscuously, in a party atmosphere.
(Ted Nelson, 98.06.23)