Re: [zigzag] DM.. / multidim DBMS vs ZZ construx

Well, they're both multidimensional,
 meaning they register and keep track of
 traits along many axes.

However, the DBMS is basically two dimensions
 (row and columns),
 whereas the ZZspace *constructions*
 may themselves be in many dimensions.

Hope this helps.  Best, Ted N.

At 03:16 PM 11/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>As I was hopping around the mail archive, trying to understand what it was
>all about, I had this feeling I saw something like this before. Does the
>multi-dimensional organisation of data found in zigzag have something to
>do with the "dimensional modeling" found in data-warehouses ? I might be
>totally wrong, I haven't read much on the subject.
>
>Thanks!
>
>FX.
>
>--
>François-Xavier Le Louarn
>Centre de Recherche sur les Transports
>Université de Montréal
>
>Elle n'a pas seulement des yeux qui voient, elle a des yeux qui montrent.
>                            (Monsieur Malaussène, D. Pennac)

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/  (Professorial page)
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net (see also Professorial page, above)
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.11.22:
"Life is EXTREMELY strange, except we don't notice."  TN98
"Yeah, but compared to what?"  (Afterthought.)