Re: :zz: The Plan for ZigZag (4) FORMIDABLE LIST OF SMALL CHANGES

Ted Nelson wrote:
> Well, here they are.  And this may not be all.
> Please respond soon, even if you've only had time
>  to skim this.

Just read it quickly, and the other one not at all.

My main response is that I -NEED- to be allowed to "port" (transfer,
actually) ZigZag to Object-Oriented Perl.  It's getting too big and
too messy to be written in the flat way it is.

The OOP/modular style also means it's MUCH easier to (eventually) make
seperate modules so we can just "slot in" a different display module
if we want the output to go to a web browser, or whatever.  Also that
we can just "slot in" a different data access module if we want it to
use an OSMIC server, or anything else.

And besides, I keep getting lost in the sourcecode the way it is -
it's too monolithic!!

Best estimate, give me a solid week - at my  working speed - and I'll
have it going.  It's more of a "rearrangement" than a rewrite :)

Pleeeeeeeeeease??

Gossamer

--
: Gossamer     gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  | Xanadoodler