[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
:gzz: d.system (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Altering "system list" (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Story of an unsuspected crash spiral (v.0706)
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: :gzz: d.system (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Altering "system list" (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Story of an unsuspected crash spiral (v.0706)
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 00:01:53 +0900
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000711104247.24614z-100000@fuga>
- References: <188.8.131.52.20000711225555.00809c10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
In my ZZ writings of a couple of years ago, I was calling the row and
column from the home cell Main Street (the row) and Park Avenue
(the column). (These two names are kind of a U.S. tradition.)
They're central for the user and should be easily modifiable.
I would suggest, then, that the system cells be put also on a dimension
not modifiable by the user (like d.cursor and d.clone).
How about d.system ?-)
(And, later if needed, d..system-list, d..system-set, etc.)
At 10:43 AM 7/11/00 +0300, you wrote:
>> I think that should DEFinitely be rearrangeable.
>It's rearrangeable but *risky* to rearrange now since if you put
>the cells even for a moment so that the correct place cannot
>be reached by the system starting from home cell, catastrophe results.
Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
? e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx ? world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
? http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/ ? http://www.xanadu.net
? Coordinates in USA Tel. 415/ 331-4422
Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965