[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: d.system (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Alte ring "system list" (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Story of an unsuspected crash spiral (v.0706)
- To: lukka@xxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: d.system (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Alte ring "system list" (wuz Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Story of an unsuspected crash spiral (v.0706)
- From: Tuukka Hastrup <Tuukka.Hastrup@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:20:32 +0300 (EEST)
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxx, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000711105944.24614C-100000@fuga>
On 11 Jul, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
>> How about d.system ?-)
>> (And, later if needed, d..system-list, d..system-set, etc.)
> Right.. and all the cells currently there need not really be there
> on d.2 at all...
> Vesa, Tuukka or AJ - any of you feeling up to this? Mostly ZZDefaultSpace
Like always, I suggest re-thinking and a new implementation. I still
don't quite understand how you're going to keep going with these d.1,
d.2 and d.3 as "universal" dimensions - I could think there'll always
be clashes like this.
My intuition says we should change d.1 and d.2 in system space to
d.system and d.system-list. And I think we should make sure no user
will want to explore and modify these. There should be nothing so
special there: we'll make a new Action list for the user (not in that
awful linear format) etc. Nothing says the user must use the same
Actions-list as the system's using. This way she can do whatever she
likes with it, without breaking the system.
Sure I can do it. Just let's first make the specs clear. Could it
already be time for some advanced UI components?