[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag/Java ZZTreeRaster.java (fwd)
- To: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag/Java ZZTreeRaster.java (fwd)
- From: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@xxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:54:17 +0300 (EEST)
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20000714142002.H7245@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 06:57:15AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> > Don't rely on it being a root - the parent can have siblings too.
> ??? Don't rely on what being root?
> If the structure is a tree, I can find the root. If it is not, I can
> > Think relative, and think of being in a big tree.
> I'm not following you.
What I mean is that you don't need to go as far as to find an actual "root".
Just go up in the tree a couple of steps. (at least optionally).
Then it would be easy to do recursive trees, which would be useful
e.g. for implementing & viewing finite-state machines...