Re: [zzdev] Tuukka, your patch breaks compile on JDK1.1

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> On 21 Jul, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > You're using two methods that are not yet in JDK1.1:
>
> >    198. 		    dims.add(c.getText());
>
> >    201. 	    return (String[])(dims.toArray(new
> > String[dims.size()]));
>
> Oh no. Only addElement() is available. Right.

SUN has left very odd holes in the prior APIs, like no delete() in
StringBuffer. It would be nicer to use the later APIs but first I want to
be truly assured that all the relevant platforms have a fresh enough JDK.
Once I'm satisfied they do, we'll move to 1.2 API.

> And Sun's API docs don't
> tell toArray() is not available in older JDKs.

That should probably be reported as a doc bug to them.

> But now it's fixed anyway.

Thanks.

	Tuomas