Re: [zzdev] Re: FlatRaster/SingleCellRaster name (Re: [zzdev] Dimension existence)

Tukka 'n' TJL sez
>> I thought of it as a map: it maps the space to a plane _and_ helps you
>> to navigate. I have a vision of it's looks, and it would look
>> somewhat like a _compass_ - just with several needles.
>
>I like it. Ted?

How about "compass view"?

The fact that a lot of dimensions participate in the raster may not
 be unique.  I think other views will prob. do that by and by.

See next generalizing note re Views, Rasters, Presentations.

Best, T

At 04:03 PM 7/26/00 +0300, you wrote:
>On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
>> On 25 Jul, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
>> > I'm not sure FlatRaster is a good name, it suggests to me something else.
>> > ConnectionRaster?
>>
>> That's probably true: it's all the dimensions flattened to level, but
>> maybe it sounds like it'll show only one plane of the space. Still
>> ConnectionRaster sounds so general, there's connections in all rasters.
>> And it doesn't show only a Single cell. The name should tell of showing
>> _all_ the connections leaving the cell.
>>
>> I thought of it as a map: it maps the space to a plane _and_ helps you
>> to navigate. I have a vision of it's looks, and it would look
>> somewhat like a _compass_ - just with several needles.
>
>I like it. Ted?
>
>	Tuomas

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965