[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fully general cell references
- To: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Fully general cell references
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:10:00 +0300
- Mail-followup-to: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I need to be able to have ANY cell refer to ANY OTHER cell in the
structure, including individual clones and including all cells
participating in this referencing.
I have not been able to design such a structure using any bounded number
of dimensions. However, the following solution seems to work:
Reserve a countably infinite set of dimensions for this purpose
(such as d.cell-reference-1, d.cell-reference-2, ...). Define that
cell A refers to cell B if and only if B is A's positive neighbour
on at least one of these dimensions.
I believe this solution works, but I'm not sure how using an unbounded
number of dimensions scales up. For example, deciding whether a cell
refers to another cell would probably be O(n) (n being the number of
active reference dimensions), which is not nice.
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%