[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Gzigzag-commits] gzigzag/Java ZZCell.java
- To: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <tjl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Gzigzag-commits] gzigzag/Java ZZCell.java
- From: Benjamin Fallenstein <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 20:43:28 +0200
- Cc: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <200010101543.IAA29680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"Tuomas J. Lukka" wrote:
> Update of /cvsroot/gzigzag/gzigzag/Java
> In directory slayer.i.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv29651
> Modified Files:
> Log Message:
> Make toString return the cell ID. Scream if this hurt you.
It doesn't *hurt*, but I've just realized I'm spending a lot of time
writing debug messages which give both the cell contents and id, and
debug messages are what I suppose this is intended for, so what about returning:
getText() + " (" + getID() + ")"
--? Because often when you debug, it's faster to identify a cell by its
contents, but when it's e.g. empty or a clone, you need the id as well.
This would be a lot of help for me -- is it o.k. with you if I change it