Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] View change

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Benjamin Fallenstein wrote:

> Tuomas Lukka schrieb:

> > > More to the point, both makeFlob and placeFlob should take two
> > > "alignment" integers specifying where the x/y coordinate is in the flob.
> > > 0 means visual center, -1 means left/top, +1 means right/bottom.
> >
> > Doesn't placeflob do just this?
>
> No. It doesn't layout from the "visual center," and it doesn't take
> sizes. Have a look at the methods I added to the CellFlobFactories and
> how I use them in the now-half-working-though-crashing-and-awfully-slow
> EnumVanishingView and you'll see what I mean (probably ;o}).

We should probably rethink FlobFactories entirely
(as an aside, an answer to your earlier question that I hadn't time to
reply then: they currently only produce cells but they could easily also
produce more complicated objects, whose handle is the cell), because they
need to be

	- flexible and easy to use by views
	- efficient
	- simple to write (i.e. implementing as few methods as possible)

	Tuomas