[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [zzdev] Re: :gbg: Flame: User-hostile ethic of the Linux comm un ity
- To: "'rms@xxxxxxx'" <rms@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [zzdev] Re: :gbg: Flame: User-hostile ethic of the Linux comm un ity
- From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:26:52 -0800
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxx, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
> The difference is like night and day. With source code, you can learn
You are right.
> operating system? If the latter, please call it "GNU/Linux". We're
> the principal developer of this system, and if you call it "Linux"
> you're not giving us any of the credit.
I was indeed referencing the latter; and indeed the bulk of what is useful
in what I call "Linux" is actually GNU. And any of us who remember
gnu.ai.mit.edu's presence when the net was young know that you guys deserve
a lot of credit.