Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Notes on accessing past versions

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:18:31PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On 20010224T115534+0100, Benjamin Fallenstein wrote:
> > No, because no cell in the versions would actually be accessed until you
> > rotate to version:home; and when you've rotated, version:list is not
> > visible any more, so only this specific version will be loaded.
>
> Ah, you mean rotating on that one axis.
>
> That dangerously assumes that the user will never rotate to version:list
> on one axis and to version:home on another.

Of course, the fact that loading a version is O(space_size) is
a current implementation detail and should not be reflected
in the design too much, as it may change and then we'd be left
with a design with the former limitations...

BTW: Great work on getting versions working, now for merging and
we can finally start using ZZ for our group's notes...

	Tuomas