Nile in Microsoft Word

I was curious to see if it were possible to program the
features of Nile into Microsoft Word 97, via macros.  It is
apparently possible, but the design can't be copied exactly (ie some
keys can not be assigned such as the tab key).  I am currently
working on the first half of the Nile design, the hop operation.

It also seems that it is possible draw lines on the text area,
so that transclusions can be shown, which I had not expected.

When I am finished I will post the macro code on my website if
anybody is interested.