[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :zz,virt: Model-view-controller (was Re: [zzdev] Fwd: Re: [zzdev] Re: Query: Technical description for keybinding actions?
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :zz,virt: Model-view-controller (was Re: [zzdev] Fwd: Re: [zzdev] Re: Query: Technical description for keybinding actions?
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:32:12 +0200
- In-reply-to: <20020228072555.GV13745@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- References: <220.127.116.11.2.20020216120128.00a7a580@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <18.104.22.168.20020227235121.00a412e0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20020228072555.GV13745@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 09:25:55AM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On 20020227T235121+0000, Ted Nelson wrote:
> > I think the "model-view-controller" idea is another silly PARC idea.
> > It's just saying that we have an interface. Controller sends choices IN;
> > view comes OUT. WOW! HEAVY THINKING!
> No, actually, MVC is not that. MVC is about how the program achieves
> whatever interface it has
Actually, the even more important thing is:
MVC is about *decoupling* the internal model and the view. The view
code doesn't need to know about the internals except through a well-defined
interface and the internals do not need to care about the views except
for providing that interface.