:zz: Terminology (was: Ranks (was: Re: STILL NOT WORKING

>Somebody needs to go through the archives and write a GLOSSARY
>for ZigZag!!

O Yes Indeed!  Like my Manual...

I'll try to do it in small parts, put it on the Web.
 Small Web increments seem to work best for me.

ChrzT

At 07:21 PM 10/28/98 +1100, you wrote:
>Ted Nelson wrote:
>> "Rank" is the generalized term for "row" and "column",
>>  ie a row is a rank, a column is a rank, and so is the
>>  equivalent in any further dimension.  (I get this usage from
>>  Kenneth Iverson's APL language of the 60s.)
>
>Somebody needs to go through the archives and write a GLOSSARY
>for ZigZag!!
>

>bekj
>
>--
>: --Neophilic-Hacker-Grrl-Geek-Eclectic-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
>: gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
>: In computer science, we stand on each other's feet.
>: -- Brian K Reid

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.10.28:
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is
comprehensible."  Albert Einstein