:zz: PERL QUICKIES!

Hi Group,

Here's an idea which is merely programmatic [ :-) ]--
 how quick innovations may be made available
 without "new releases" of the software.

I propose that Perl code suitable for inclusion in cells
 be put in emails and sent to this list.

For instance, I would like RIGHT AWAY
 a very simple function that adds up the cells above
 and below it, cells beginning with a non-numeral
 to be ignored.

Obviously, Getting this Just Right and Suitably Generalized
 and Added to the Code Release is another matter.
 But it would be very nice just to get functions we
 could jam into cells if needed.

Next email: proposed format.

Best, Ted
Would anybody do the add-up function for me ?-)
 I don't have time to learn the Perl right now ...

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.10.29:
Last words of Oscar Wilde: "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."