Re: [zzdev] Re: Awful Hackery? (was: Re: Clarif. re inside/contents

Well, you get the choice.  One leg at a time,
 one cell at a time, one sell at a time...

ChrzT

At 07:30 PM 10/28/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> As with many general conditions of life (what country you
>>  live in, living under capitalism, relationships, etc.), there are
>>  daily inconveniences but there's a lot to be said for the
>>  overall commitment.
>
>Yes, but there are also a lot of systems in which the large benefit is
>*not* worth the small inconveniences.
>
>Remember the story about the guy who puts on his trousers every
>morning by hanging them from the doorknob and taking a flying leap
>from across the room?

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.10.29:
Last words of Oscar Wilde: "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."