(techy) window_draw and key_pressed

Techy question, mjd?

I'm prodding at source again and I don't quite see why window_draw
needs to know whether there was a key pressed.

Is it because that's shown up in the window border, rather than
in the middle?

I also can't figure out how to cope with that special-case while
decoupling  the functions from IO.

Perhaps window_draw needs to know what happened so it can figure out
what to draw?  eg window_draw("cursor moved"), window_draw("cell
marked") or something?  That seems inelegant to me.

Suggestions?

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/