Re: Okay, I've figured out

Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:
> * Function to return the accursed cell:

By this do you mean the cell a cursor points to?

New mods have this (cursor_get_cell(0);)

> * Function to put an error message into the status buffer:
> 	display_message("Look!  A dancing cow!");

Excuse me, absolutely NO dancing cows allowed!

> * Function to read a string from the keyboard
> 	$name = prompt_for_input("What's your name?");

THIS one we need.  Ugh.

>   This would require some messing around with the input routines and
>   with `Curses'.

Wanna write it for me?  I need it NOW.

> I thought that in addition to adding these new functions, someone should
> probably document the ones that are already there that might be useful,
> like `link_make'.
> I will be happy to assist with any part of this, or none of it, as you
> like.  I am at your service.

Documentation, WHEN  I get the new version workable, would be great :)

Interestingly (or not :)), all except 3 of your new functions magically
appeared when we re-engineered the OO stuff.  Life is good.

bekj

--
: --Hacker-Neophile-Eclectic-Geek-Grrl-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
: gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/