RE: [zzdev] New to the list: Pilot person

> In the list archive, I noted a short discussion about Pilot plans --
> namely, the eventual port of perl-derived generic C code to a bunch
> of platforms, including the Pilot.

Edward, I think the idea being communicated was really that the
current zigzag is a great prototype in Perl, but that the prototype
needs to be re-implemented now in C to provide for speed, and
portability to systems (such as palmpilot) that cannot run perl.
So I suppose that your very concerns about perl's size
mirror the actual impetus for the suggestion to re-implement
in C.

Regards,
Joshua

--