Re: [zzdev] ZZDEV Problems

On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 02:34:19PM -0700, Joseph Osako wrote:
> Windows port project
> Sorry for being gone for so long, but other matters have been getting in
> the way. After my talk with Marlene, I had promised to try and work on the
> prototype Windows 95/98 installation package, and I should be free to do so
> now. If anyone else is already working on this, let me know (I thought
> someone said Andrew was?), as I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

I'm not working on the Windows port, but we have had some helpful
submissions from others on this list.  Good to hear from you again!

> The second point I'd like to make is that it IMO we've gotten to the point
> where we need to break zigzag.pm into seperate pieces. The progam is
> getting quite large, and it will soon be unmanageable this way. More
> importantly, it will be a lot easier to maintain all the ports (I'm
> assuming that there will be a Mac port too, at some point) if we break the
> system-related part out into seperate files. Again, this is pretty obvious
> from an SE point of view, but it adds to the trouble with distributions
> etc. and needs to be carefully thought out.

You'll notice I've already separated the ZZ engine (in Zigzag.pm) and
the UI front-end.  The ZZ engine should be pretty much system independent.

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam