Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> In CVS:
>   - add BuildInfo.java.in, which is used by Makefile to generate
>     BuildInfo.java; BuildInfo.info will contain the text which
>     will be appended to the window title
>
>   - add build-tag.txt containing the text which will be appended to the
>     window title, and nothing more.  Default content (in CVS):
>     "Custom CVS build"

Hmm, how about creating it in the makefile, adding the date and builder?
Custom CVS built 2000-07-12 9:12 EET by tjl@jousi

And for snapshots,
Official CVS snapshot 2000-07-12 06:00 EET

>   - Makefile uses sed to generate BuildInfo.info from BuildInfo.java.in
>     and build-tag.txt
>
> In build scripts:
>   - build-tag.txt content is replaced before building
>
> The point of this elaborateness is to minimize the potential of damage
> the build scripts can do to the sources.  Because the BuildInfo sedding
> is also fragile, we don't edit ZZSimpleClient2.java directly in Makefile.

Sounds very good.

	Tuomas