Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T

> > > Sounds better.  That means we can get rid of build-tag.txt completely!
> >
> > Except for explicit versions (0.01 anyone ;)
>
> Why?  You just edit Makefile the way you would've edited build-tag.txt.

Right, of course... or maybe

	make VERSION=0.01 version

would be easiest; editing a file and then tagging it in CVS would
not be good.

> > Hmm.. would it waste CVS resources to tag the release that is
> > snapshotted? That might sometimes come in useful...
>
> I can do that.  Note that sometimes more than one snapshot build is done
> on a given day; usually because I sometimes need to run test builds in
> the real environment.  I'll probably just start assigning the builds a
> serial number and tag with that (and include it in the window title).

I'd prefer date and time; a serial number is just another nuisance
to find out about.

	Tuomas