Re: [zzdev] Re: Referential text

> > > is the current ZZText interface final enough for me to start coding an
> > > i18n draft based on it?
> >
> > I'm not sure yet. What do you think?
>
> I think we should give it a try -- which means that we have to hand it
> through to the cell views. (That's going to be some work which I don't
> have time for at the moment.) Just one thing: ZZText.split(...) should
> definitely be static.

Actually, that calls into question the whole approach again.

> I guess advanced ZZTexts should be cascading, i.e. take another ZZText
> in their constructor -- that way, e.g. texts in different languages can
> be referential as well.

Or they should defer to the earlier level.

I'm now thinking that ZZText might *not* be the place to do referential
text. Rather, we should have ZZCell have a function that returns a
RString, and a fairly low-level way to do this but also have access to the
contents inside the ZZ space, one span per cell.

	Tuomas