Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Tutorial Beginnings

Andrew Pam wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 02, 1998 at 10:43:43PM +1000, Gossamer wrote:
> > Attached is the beginnings of a ZigZag tutorial ... anybody want to
> > comment?  There'll be lots more, of course, but I thought feedback
> > might tell me what to write.
> Where?  I don't see it.

Ahem.

Gossamer

--
: Gossamer     gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  | Xanadoodler
: http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/  | And proud of it :)

    ZigZag looks for its data file, by default, at zigzag.data in the
    current directory.

    If you want to use a different data file, specify it on the
    command line like this:
       zigzag examples/budget.zz

2.  MOVING AROUND

    ZigZag is strang - you have TWO cursors!  One for each window.

    The left window is the "action" window - whatever the left cursor
    points to is an action that can be taken.  To move the cursor in
    the left window, use the s, f, e, c keys.  Note that when you
    "move" the cursor it stays in the middle of the window and the
    rest of the cells move around it!  Nifty, hey!

    The right window is the "data" window - it points to the data that
    the action will act on.  To move the cursor in the right window,
    either use the arrow keys, or the j, l, i, " keys.  Same deal with
    the window moving.

3.  EDITING A CELL

    The left window is the "action" window.  Find the cell labeled
       #Edit
    and position the left cursor on it.  Note what's under the right
    cursor and press <ENTER> to "execute" the action.  You're now
    editing (left cursor tells you what action) the contents of the
    right-cursor's cell (right cursor tells you what data).

    Exit the editor without doing anything at this point and you'll be
    back in ZigZag.