Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :zz: Why map everything into ZigZag cells?

Tuomas sez
>For e.g. debugging, we've noticed that this makes a sharp
>divide between complex and simple systems.

Exactly.

Andrew and I discussed this when we were doing the first
 prototype.  Doing the cursor and clone mechanisms in
 the cell structure itself helped assure the robustness of that
 fundamental cell structure.

Best, Ted

At 01:00 PM 7/7/01 +0300, you wrote:
>On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 01:48:57AM -0700, Ted Nelson wrote:
>>   -- It allows a complete state of the whole system to be
>>  expressed without reference to any other components;
>
>The importance of this cannot be exaggerated.
>
>For e.g. debugging, we've noticed that this makes a sharp
>divide between complex and simple systems.
>
>	Tuomas

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965