Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: Query: Technical description for keybinding actions?

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 08:08:41PM -0500, Jan Theodore Galkowski wrote:
> (1) What's a "transclusion"?

A virtual inclusion (include by reference), orthogonal to the concept
of a "link":

http://www.xanadu.com.au/mail/xanadu/msg00178.html
http://www.xanadu.com.au/mail/xanadu/msg00211.html
http://www.xanadu.com.au/OSMIC/OSMICd1m.html

> (2) Why can't RTF text have markup attached to it?  I'm sure
>      you have a good reason, but I just don't see.

Indeed it can, but unfortunately it already includes intrinsic markup
which is what we are trying to avoid (Ted would say "prevent").  :)

> (3) I want RTF because it's the gateway to arbitrary and
>      specialized character sets, like the Asian ones and
>      stuff like the Elvish Runes of Middle Earth as well
>      as hieroglyphics.

Standard Unicode text serves this purpose without introducing intrinsic
formatting markup.

Regards,
	Andrew
--