:zz,virt: Model-view-controller (was Re: [zzdev] Fwd: Re: [zzdev] Re: Query: Technical description for keybinding actions?

I think the "model-view-controller" idea is another silly PARC idea.
 It's just saying that we have an interface.  Controller sends choices IN;
 view comes OUT.  WOW!  HEAVY THINKING!

If you say the obvious ponderously enough, it can sound Very Deep.
 Especially in small rooms with concrete walls.

Best, Ted

At 12:10 PM 2/16/02 -0500, you wrote:

> At 06:01 PM Friday 02/15/2002, B. Fallenstein wrote:
>
> Hi Jan!
>
> Jan Theodore Galkowski wrote:
>

> [snip]
>
> MVP? I know Model-View-Controller; what exactly is the difference to
> Model-View-Presenter? (Or was that just a typo?)
>
> MVP is an improvement upon MVC made by Taligent for C++ originally.
> It's a cornerstone of the Smalltalk dialect I'm fond of,
> namely, Dolphin Smalltalk.
>
> A couple of more good references on this, the first in the
> context of Java:
>
>  http://www.ibm.com/java/education/mvp.html
>
>  http://www.object-arts.com/Papers/TwistingTheTriad.PDF
>
> These are courtesy of Andrew and Dominique Dartois in response
> to a recent quest in comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin.
>
>  --Jan
>
> [snip]

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965