Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] 0.8 alpha not working correctly for me

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 08:07:30PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:

> Hi Jack,
>
> Jack Seay wrote:
>
> >I have downloaded the 0.8 alpha version and can't get it to work
> >normally.
>

> 0.8alpha1 isn't a public release-- it's not complete, it's not to be
> relied on, it's just something you can look at. ;-) Everything you
> describe is perfectly normal in 0.8alpha1.

To pick nits, it *is* public; it's downloadable. So is our CVS version.
But everything else you say *IS* true.

> There are no other cells. 0.8 starts with a clean slate-- only a single
> cell. This will remain so; we've found that most users find the initial
> set of cells confusing.
>
> >How do I execute commands?
>

> There are only the keyboard commands.
>
> >Get more than 3 views (I have Vanishing, Row, and Column)?
>

> There are no others at this point.

In opengl, there's also the demo xupdf view, which we'll make screenshots
of at some point.

> >How do I use the Gzz commander window (no curser visible)?
>

> Hmm, you should be able to type into the text box at the bottom, and
> execute commands by hitting 'Enter'?
>
> >What is the Updateloop enabled button?
>

> I think if it's off, the screen doesn't redraw, i.e. there are no
> reactions to key events, but I'm not 100% sure.

That's the basic idea, but it's not working yet.

	Tuomas