Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] ZZDEV Problems

On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 02:51:29PM +0100, Andy McFarland wrote:
> I'm not sure zigzag.pm is too large.  the script and the module were only
> recently separated and I think some artifacts remain (the script still opens
> the database?)

I believe the module now does all the database handling.

> I'd really like to see the front and back ends separated from each other
> by a network connection.  The back end is the ZigZag server written in
> perl and the front end is something else somewhere else.  Here we get a
> collabarative enviroment and a client cabable of using the hosts display
> cababilities to the full.

Yes.  That's certainly feasible.  There are also plans to use other
systems such as OSMIC for storage, so the ZZ engine would actually become
the middle end (!) with a network connection to the storage back-end.

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam