Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag commit policy?

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 04:31:02AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> > CVS logs are not fun to read when you have lots of files: CVS only
> > gives the log of one file at a time.
> > Having a ChangeLog generated from the commits in CVS would allow a quick
> > read of what's changed. It should probably be done at checkin time(?)
>
> One could add a ChangeLog target in the Makefile; this will require that
> cvs2cl is installed.  After that, it's a matter of "make ChangeLog".
> However I don't see any point in having autogenerated files in CVS.

cvs2cl is going to take quite a while to run when it gets all the log
messages for a project this size from CVS. *NOT* good.

What I want is the following:

after three days out of town (say) there have been several changes
to CVS. I update and want to see what the changes are about.

ChangeLog would be the natural place to see the global log messages.

Or do you have a simple solution (that doesn't take long after the update?)

	Tuomas