[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:59:03 +0300
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000711045558.24614F-100000@fuga>; from lukka@xxxxxx on Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 04:56:29AM +0300
- Mail-followup-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- References: <126.96.36.199.20000711170437.0084a780@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000711045558.24614F-100000@fuga>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 04:56:29AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> AJ, could you make the daily builds insert an identifier somewhere,
> e.g. the window title, that would be clearly visible?
Yes. I'm going to arrange it in this way:
- add BuildInfo.java.in, which is used by Makefile to generate
BuildInfo.java; BuildInfo.info will contain the text which
will be appended to the window title
- add build-tag.txt containing the text which will be appended to the
window title, and nothing more. Default content (in CVS):
"Custom CVS build"
- Makefile uses sed to generate BuildInfo.info from BuildInfo.java.in
In build scripts:
- build-tag.txt content is replaced before building
The point of this elaborateness is to minimize the potential of damage
the build scripts can do to the sources. Because the BuildInfo sedding
is also fragile, we don't edit ZZSimpleClient2.java directly in Makefile.
Objections or thoughts?
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%