Re: [zzdev] Action list & key bindings (was: Request for action list instable version)

Hi Marlene!

You wrote:
> >(One problem is that the tags we currently use for the actions are still
> >not very understandable. That's partly my fault because I never got
> >around to write good descriptions -- my earlier attempt had the bad,
> >bad, bad side that the descriptions didn't fit in the cells. Possibly we
> >should have short tags, an explanation connected on d.documentation (as
> >Ted's Floating World design recommends), and a key binding for F1 which
> >switches to the text view and shows the doc.)
>
> So pressing F1 while looking at a list of actions down d.2 would switch the
> x axis to d.documentation?  Or would F1 always switch the x axis to
> d.documentation regardless of what was listed on d.1?  Anyway, this seems
> fine, too.

My idea was to automatically move one step forward on d.documentation,
and to switch to a view similar to that shown in the edit windows.
'ESC,' 'F1' etc. would get you back to where you were at before. (Or
maybe we could open a new edit window? That would make coding much
easier, so the first version should probably be that way.)

That way, you can easily use longer docs which don't fit in one cell in
the vanishing view.

> How long do you think it would take you to implement this?  We look forward
> to it.

Please, don't let me promise anything. It's not that the code would be
that complicated -- it's that I have appointments practically every
evening right now, because there's a lot going on at my school. I can do
it, but it may have to wait two or three weeks.

- Benja